I really enjoy teaching face-to-face and distance courses. UNL has allowed me to interact in these two ways with undergraduate and graduate students, as well as industry professionals...
Areas of interest include applied research on the evaluation of ingredients, assessment of processes, and development of strategies to reduce/prevent contamination of final products with mycotoxins and bacterial pathogens; the development of quality control mechanisms; and HACCP assistance focusing on food, dairy and feed products. Extension activities include technical advice and training, as well as preparation of guidelines, protocols, standard operating procedures and related technical documents for improvement of safety and quality of food and pet food processes.
- B.S. Food Engineering, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande, Brazil
- M.S. Environmental and Agricultural Microbiology, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
- Ph.D. Food Science & Technology, University of Nebraska - Lincoln
- Massarolo, K.C., Ferreira, C. F. J., Collazzo, C.C., Bianchini, A. Kupski, L. Badiale-Furlong, E. 2020 Resistant starch and hydrothermal treatment of cornmeal: Factors in aflatoxins and fumonisin B1 reduction and bioaccessibility. Food Control. 114: 107274
- Sabillón, L., Stratton, J., Rose, D., Bianchini, A. 2020. Reduction in pathogenic load of wheat by tempering with saline organic acid solutions at different seasonal temperatures. International Journal of Food Microbiology. 313:108381.
- Sabillón, L., Stratton, J., Rose, D., and Bianchini, A. 2019. Effect of saline organic acid solutions applied during soft wheat tempering on microbial load and flour functionality. Cereal Chemistry. 96:1048–1059.
- Mendoza, J.R., Rodas, A. Oliva, A., Sabillon, L., Colmenares, A., Clarke, J., Hallen-Adams, H.E., Campabadal, C., Bianchini, A. 2018. Safety and Quality Assessment of Smallholder Farmers’ Maize in the Western Highlands of Guatemala. Journal of Food Protection. 81(5): 776–784.
- Bianchini, A., Horsley, R., Jack, M.M., Kobielush, B., Ryu, D., Tittlemier, S., Wilson, W.W., Abbas, H.K., Abel, S., Harrison, G., Miller, J.D., Shier, W.T., Weaver, G. 2015. DON Occurrence in Grains: A North American Perspective. Cereal Foods World, 60 (1): 32-56.
- Bianchini, A., Stratton, J., Weier, S., Hartter, T., Plattner, B., Rokey, G., Hertzel, G., Gompa, L., Martinez, B., Eskridge, K.M.2012. Validation of extrusion as a killing step for Enterococcus faecium in a balanced carbohydrate-protein meal using a response surface design. Journal of Food protection 75(9): 1646-53.