We believe in the power of every person.
My research background is mainly in regulation of immune responses, especially related to dendritic cells and T cells. I am currently using that work in projects related to the mouse and human microbiome. Our gnotobiotic mouse facility is currently examining the role of the microbiome in diseases ranging from inflammatory bowel disease to food allergies.
- B.A. Biology, University of Virginia
- Ph.D. Immunology, Washington University in St. Louis
- Liu X, Clemens DL, Grunkemeyer JA, Price JD, O'Connell K, Chapman NM, Storz P, Wen H, Cox JL, Reid WL, Hollingsworth MA and SP Thayer. 2019. Mucin-1 is required for Coxsackie virus B3-induced inflammation in the pancreas. Sci. Rep. 9:10656
- Decalf J, Tarbell KV, Casrouge A, Price JD, Linder G, Mottez E, Sultanik P, Mallet V, Pol S, Duffy D and ML Albert. 2016. Inhibition of DPP4 activity in humans establishes its in vivo role in CXCL 10 post-translational modification: prospective placebo-controlled clinical studies. EMBO Mol. Med. 8:679-83
- Price JD, Hotta-Iwamura C, Zhao Y, Beauchamp NM and KV Tarbell. 2015. DCIR2+ cDC2 DCs and zbtb32 restore CD4+ T cell tolerance and inhibit diabetes. Diabetes. 64:3521-31
- Price JD and KV Tarbell. 2015. The role of dendritic cell subsets and innate immunity in type 1 diabetes and other autoimmune diseases. Front. Immunol. 6:288
- Price JD, Beauchamp NM, Rahir G, Zhao Y, Rieger CC, Lau-Kilby AW and KV Tarbell. 2014. CD8+ dendritic cell-mediated peripheral tolerance of autoreactive CD4+ T cells is deficient in NOD mice and can be corrected by blocking CD40L. J. Leuk. Biol. 95:325-36