We believe in the power of every person.
- Genomic diversity and pathogenicity of foodborne pathogens, with a specific focus on Enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli (EHEC). My research aims to characterize heterogeneous virulence potentials of EHEC, which is largely determined by evolutionary lineages and differential expression of Shiga toxin subtypes.
- The development of a time- and cost-effective high-throughput screening system that can help effective controlling of EHEC transmission at both preharvest and postharvest stages of food production.
- B.S. Microbiology, Chungnam National University, South Korea
- M.S./Ph.D. Molecular Microbiology, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Post Doc. Food Microbiology, University of Wisconsin-Madison
Teaching and/or Extension Activities
- 3+1 program; Food Microbiology and Quality Assurance of Foods
- Gautam R., M. Kulow, D. Park, T. K. Gonzales, J. Dahm, M. Shiroda, A. J. Stasic, D. Döpfer, C. W. Kaspar, and R. Ivanek. 2015. Transmission of Escherichia coli O157:H7 among cattle is influenced by the level of environmental contamination. Epidemiology and Infection. 143(2):274-87. doi:10.1017/S0950268814000867.
- Stanton E., D. Park, D. Dopfer, R, Ivanek, and C. W. Kaspar. 2014. Phylogenetic characterization of Escherichia coli O157:H7 based on IS629 distribution and Shiga toxin genotype. Microbiology. 160(Pt3):502-13. doi:10.1099/mic.0.073437-0.
- Park D., E. Stanton, D. Parrell, K. Ciezki, M. Bozile, D. Pike, S. A. Forst, K.C. Jeong, R. Ivanek, D. Döpfer, and C. W. Kaspar. 2013. Evolution of Stx2-prophage in persistent bovine Escherichia coli O157:H7. Applied and Environmental Microbiology. 79(5):1563-72. doi: 10.1128/AEM.03158-12.
- Gonzales TK, M. Kulow, DJ. Park, CW. Kaspar, KS. Anklam, KM. Pertzborn, KD. Kerrish, R. Ivanek, and Döpfer D. 2011. A high-throughput open-array qPCR gene panel to identify, virulotype, and subtype O157 and non-O157 enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli. Mol Cell Probes. 25(5-6):222-30. doi: 10.1016/j.mcp.2011.08.004.
- Park D., K. Ciezki, R. van der Hoeven, S. Singh, D. Reimer, H. B. Bode and S. Forst. 2009. Genetic analysis of xenocoumacin antibiotic production in the mutualistic bacterium Xenorhabdus nematophila. Molecular Microbiology. 73(5): 938-49. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2958.2009.06817.x