We believe in the power of every person.
Corn Processing/Products; Starch Chemistry
- B.S. Food Science, Cornell University
- M.S. Food Science (Cereal Technology), Texas A&M University
- Ph.D. Food Science (Cereal Chemistry), Texas A&M University
- Sweley, J. C., Rose, D. J., and Jackson, D. S. 2013. Quality Traits and Popping Performance Considerations for Popcorn (Zea mays Everta). Food Reviews International 29(2): 157-177. (Abstract)
- Hansen, L.E., Jackson, D.S., Wehling, R.L., Wilson, J.D. and Graybosch, R.A. 2010. Functionality of native tetraploid wheat starches: Effects of waxy loci alleles and amylose concentration in blends. Journal of Cereal Science 52(1):39-45. (Abstract)
- Zhu, T., Jackson, D.S., Wehling, R.L. and Gera, B. 2008. Comparison of Amylose Determination Methods and the Development of a Dual Wavelength Iodine Binding Technique. Cereal Chemistry 85(1):51-58. (Abstract)
- Ratnayake, W.S. and Jackson, D.S. 2007. A new insight into the gelatinization process of native starches. Carbohydrate Polymers 67:511–529. (Abstract)
- Shandera, D.L., Jackson, D.S. and Johnson, B.E. 1997. Quality factors impacting processing of maize dent hybrids. Maydica 42:281-289.